This guide will walk through setting up Kajabi to take payments using your Instamojo account. Using the CheckoutJoy integration, you can take payments using your Instamojo account directly from your Kajabi checkout pages.
- One-time payments
- Multiple payments
Only once-off offer purchases are supported at the moment. If you want to use Instamojo for subscriptions or the multiple payment model, please reach out to us.
The CheckoutJoy widget will embed your Instamojo payment button (linked to your Instamojo account) onto your Kajabi checkout pages as an alternative payment option to PayPal. Your customers will be able to pay by Credit/Debit card or any of the available payment methods supported by Instamojo.
When your customers select the Instamojo payment option, the CheckoutJoy widget will initiate the secure transaction with Instamojo, and direct the customer to the Instamojo checkout page in a browser popup window. The transaction details, pricing and customer details are sent as well.
After the customer has completed the checkout (and the payment was confirmed), CheckoutJoy will automatically add the customer to your Kajabi customer base and activate the customer's access to the offer on Kajabi. Your customer will be redirected to your Offer Thank You page that is configured in Kajabi
When users are granted an offer by CheckoutJoy, they will receive a "member welcome email" from Kajabi which contains the system-generated password for your membership site. Take note that this email will only be sent to NEW members, and only once. They will also receive an "offer grant confirmation email" from Kajabi.
If an offer is granted to an existing member, then she/he will continue using her/his existing account. They will only receive the "offer grant confirmation email" and not the member welcome email.
- You need a valid Instamojo account with your unique Instamojo link
- You need to set up your CheckoutJoy account
Every Instamojo account comes with a unique link that can be shared with customers to process payments.
This link can be found under Settings > Account Settings > URL Links
From the Instamojo dashboard, navigate to API & Plugins and copy the values of the Private API Key & Private Auth Token.
Please note the following:
- You can only charge the customer in INR - Instamojo can only accept payments in INR, but you can display your offer in any currency and CheckoutJoy will convert the amount to INR using the latest available exchange rate.
- Instamojo does not support recurring payments/subscriptions - We are working on a solution to send a payment link to customers for recurring payments. If you are interested in this feature, please reach out to us.
Instamojo has an inclusive pan-India system for payments. It has over 100 payment methods to cover all major ways that Indian consumers like to pay. This includes 59 different Indian banks through Netbanking. As well as:
- Credit and Cheque Cards
- Debit Cards
- NEFT/ RTGS/ Bank transfer
- Debit/ Credit Cards- Mastercard/ Visa/ Maestro/ Rupay
- Netbanking- SBI/ HDFC/ ICICI
- Wallets- Freecharge/ OLAMoney/ JioMoney/ MobiKwik
- EMI options