The CheckoutJoy App for Thinkific (opens in a new tab) offers custom checkout sections designed to securely accept payments and enroll students from anywhere on your Thinkific website.
This enables you to:
- Design your own checkout pages using the Thinkific Site Builder. Add any layouts and sections available in your Thinkific website.
- Signup & Enroll in one go. Your checkout page will automatically signup and enroll students to your Thinkific courses and bundles.
- Offer multiple payment options and processors to choose from.
- Sell in any currency on Thinkific, process once-off payments, payment plans or subscriptions.
CheckoutJoy has 2 plans to choose from. By default the Essential Plan is selected when signing up.
|Feature||Essential Plan||Pro Plan|
|Checkout Page||Create a checkout in Thinkific||Create a checkout page in CheckoutJoy|
|All supported payment methods||Yes*||Yes|
|Currencies||All supported by payment processor||All supported by payment processor|
|Sales Tax (w. Quaderno)||No||Yes|
|Apple Pay (w. Stripe)||No||Yes|
*Excluding Apple Pay through Stripe
Choose Essential Plan if you just need a simple checkout with a supported payment processor(s) and different currencies then the *Essential plan is enough to get started.
Choose Pro Plan if you want a more complex checkout - like multiple currencies, automatic sales tax through Quaderno, Zapier integration or to record extra information on checkout like billing/shipping addresses, VAT numbers etc.
See some example checkout pages designed in Thinkific here (opens in a new tab).
This is for Essential Plan users
Installing the CheckoutJoy App for Thinkific (opens in a new tab) adds a custom checkout section to your Thinkific Site Builder, which allows you to add a checkout section to any page within your Thinkific website.
Once you've installed the App, you need to complete the following 3 configuration steps to set up your CheckoutJoy account for the custom checkout section:
CheckoutJoy needs your product information to correctly charge the customer.
You can simply import your Thinkific products using our import function located under Products.
In the CheckoutJoy dashboard
- Navigate to Settings > Payment Methods
- Select your payment processor and click on Add
Now that you've set up your products and payment details, you can create a checkout page in Thinkific with the Signup & Enroll Checkout Form.
Now that you've added your section you can edit it to set up your product and payment options.
To see all available configuration options, see the Signup & Enroll Checkout Form help page.
Because your checkout is happening outside of Thinkific, you can't use Thinkific's default thank-you pages. The easiest way to get around this is to create a custom thank-you page in Thinkific to use with all your checkouts.
The basic thank-you page contains the following
- A "thank you for buying the product" message
- A reminder to check their emails for any product related information
- A link to the login page to get started.