This guide will walk through setting up CheckoutJoy to accept payments with MercadoPago.
- One-time payments
- Multiple payments
Currently, Mercado Pago only allows payments in the local currency. That is, the account created in Colombia only accepts payments in Colombian pesos (COP) and from clients that have an account in the same country. See this FAQ (opens in a new tab) for more information.
To connect your MercadoPago account to CheckoutJoy, you will need to create an Integration in your MercadoPago account. This will allow CheckoutJoy to communicate with your MercadoPago account.
In your MercadoPago dashboard
- Navigate to your developer dashboard (opens in a new tab)
- Create a new application by clicking on the Create Application button
- Fill in the form with the following information:
- Name: CheckoutJoy
- Type of Integration: Online
- Platform: No
- Product: Checkout Pro
Once you've created your integration, you will need to find your Access Token and Public Key.
In your MercadoPago dashboard:
- Navigate to Settings > Management and administration (opens in a new tab)
- Click on the Checkout Pro tab
- Copy your Production Credentials (Access Token and Public Key) and paste them into the CheckoutJoy dashboard at Settings > Payment Processors > MercadoPago (opens in a new tab)